Friday, January 23, 2009

EDUCATIONAL BLOG THAT I'M FOLLOWING:
Clarence Fisher Remote Access

http://remoteaccess.typepad.com/

I picked this blog to follow for 2 main reasons at the outset. First of all, some of the other ones I looked at on the list really made no sense to me at all. They were talking about stuff that I didn't even resognize and coudn't think how I would actually use in teaching. That changed when I opend this blog. Right away he started with a question that I connected with. He asked:
IS THE MAIN PROBLEM WITH EDUCATION THAT WE ARE CONCENTRATING FAR TOO MUCH ON KNOWWLEGE, AND NOT NEARLY ENOUGH ON WISDOM? WHAT WOULD CHANGE THIS?

This made me think of my final project. I drew a connection between curriculum as product vs. practice. I ackknowledge that with pharmacy technician students there is a strong basis for memorization of facts (product) but that I wanted to bring in more process because this is what is represented by many of the 21st Century skills that I desire my technicians to have for their practicums. So much for not connecting the blog to my own situation.

I should have known that my luck would not hold. He then started talking about Asus eee pcs ( low cost netbooks) and Audiacity, audio recorders and Twitter. This meant a little search on google for me and it went pretty well. What I really liked with this posting was his honesty. I frankly talked about his problems and how he received answers to his problem right away from other bloggers. I didn't really understand everything and even after googling it I'M not totally sure, but it's alot better. He's really given me encouragement to keep on trying. Am acutally looking forward to reading his next postings and seeing what happens. Stay tuned for updates. darcy

1 comment:

  1. Darcy - It's great you could find a connection with this blogger to your learning and your teaching. Reading with "Google" ready to search is a great way to get through the technical language, Web 2.0 language and people connections within different postings. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete