Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Clarence Fisher's Remote Access Blog Continued

Howdy one and all. This is my weekly update on Clarence Fisher's blog Remote Access. This week was again interesting to me personally becuase it's about how as a child he and his family watched the evening news each night. I did too. All we had was peasant vision and the news was the only option to be watched in our house over the supper table. For me, it started an interest in news even when I was probably too young to really understand what was going on, but it's a habbit that continues today. Imagine my surprise when he listed all these internet sites for the news. Go figure, a really tangable and useable way for me to bring the internet to my every day. Lots of times I'm not home for the news and I miss it on tv. Now granted, I don't have a computer, but my sister does at work (this is what I'm using for this program) and I showed it to her and she's a convert now. She too is technologically challanged, but we went through it together and I think that we figured it out?????
Clarence then contined about how students have access to the news on a bigger scale then possible what we do. When all I really try to do is engage and connect with my student in pharmacy, it's kind of nice to find out about another venue that i could maybe use as an ice breaker with them and me. I've gone to other sites ( with classroom applications) with the students and this has been a real learning experience for me. My student's quickly learn that I understand the information on the sites, but that technologically, I'm challanged to say the least. It usually ends up that they teach me the ins and outs of the sites (ie little tricks that speed things up, etc). I've really liked this in the past because it helps me to see what they face everyday when they try to learn the information that I take for granted and sometimes don't really understand when they don't make what I think are easy connections. It's usually really good for me and the students. Thanks Clarence for another easy and interesting venue that I can pracitce with the students.

No comments:

Post a Comment