Monday, February 2, 2009

alberta's blueprint for change for post-secondary edn

Howdy, just thought that I'd share a little (emphasis on little) something that I found. At the end of last class, there was some talk about how Alberta leads Canada in testing results. We talked a bit about why this is so and is it even an important thing? It was interesting, so I went and looked for this document that the Alberta goverment published. Alberta's Post-secondary Education System: Developing the Blueprint for Change.
PS if intereseted, I just googled the publication to find it.

There is quite a bit in there, but what struck me was a connection between it and the idea of information 1/2 life that we talked about in the last block. When I found that document I thought it was quite good but that the stuff they were talking about wasn't anything really new. The college is talking about alot of the same concepts and has recognizes similar problems. I then looked at the publication date the paper and was amazed to see that it was 2002. The paper was published 5 years ago. Man, there's a little vision for you. I'm not sure that I want to go into the whole testing issue thing, but I think they had some forward thinking people around in 2002. Not that we need help, but maybe there's hope for all of us?? darcy

No comments:

Post a Comment